End of year views – Tutrrd, Zell Education
Year-end statement by Aakash Chaudhry, Managing Director – Aakash Educational Services Limited
Posted on December 23, 2021
Aakash Chaudhry, Managing Director, Aakash Educational Services Ltd.
The education sector has experienced massive disruption since the emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020. The year 2021 has been a turning point for e-learning and the EdTech industry. Blended learning has become the new normal with the reopening of educational institutions. The hallmark of the year was the EdTech sector attracting the largest fundraiser with mergers and acquisitions worth more than $ 3.35 billion, more than three times the consolidated amounts raised in 2020 and 2019.
Marking the one-year completion of the New Education Policy (NEP) 2020, the government has launched major initiatives promoting local languages, banking systems and amplifying new age courses like artificial intelligence, robotics, machine learning to help young people in remote areas. bridging the learning gap with the general public. With the rapid adoption of technologies, NEP will pave the way for the successful execution of the strategies needed to train the workforce to global standards.
The sector has also witnessed a transformation in terms of study programs for the CBSE, ICSE and State Council levels. Changes in the grading system and question models provided the necessary respite for students. The new program not only reduced the learning load for candidates, but enabled them to achieve better exam results.
As classrooms have moved rapidly online to maintain the continuity of teaching and learning, the adoption of technology has opened the door to a world of new opportunities making quality education accessible to the most. large number. In April 2021, considered one of the largest industry acquisitions in the world, BYJU’S acquired the tutoring channel from Aakash Educational Services Ltd (AESL) for approximately $ 950 million. Drawing on BYJU’s technological expertise, AESL has created engaging and personalized learning programs, bringing the best of blended learning for medical and engineering aspirants.
As part of its offline expansion strategy, AESL will add more than 100 centers marking its presence in Tier 3 and Tier 4 cities. As AESL transforms into a hybrid EdTech company, our goal is to get closer customers, leverage technology and physical centers, and hire talent using BYJU’S specializations. Building on the transformative power of technology, Aakash Institute has introduced various important features to improve student performance, such as:
- Making history in the test preparation industry, 3 Aakash Institute students scored 720/720 and became National Toppers by achieving AIR 01, 02, 03 in NEET UG 2021. Eight Aakashians were also in the Top 10. This is the second year in a row that Aakash Institute students have achieved a perfect score in the NEET UG.
- With one of the best results, around 63,564 Aakash Institute students qualified for the prestigious NEET UG 2021 exam.
- 14 Aakash Institute students ranked in the top 200 in JEE Advanced 2021 results talking about their hard work and the high quality training the institute provides
- AESL has launched one-of-a-kind satellite study centers to deliver real-time lessons through satellite technology to students in remote areas
- To help medical students excel, Aakash EduTV, an educational TV channel available on Airtel DTH, was launched. We launched NEET Nurture +, a regular two-year course for Hindi language students to overcome the language barrier. The chain also offers the NEET ACHIEVER course, giving NEET repeaters the advantage to pass the exam. We have also launched a series called Max Courses on Aakash EduTV for students in grades 11 and 12 who will no longer have to wait for the resumption of physical coaching lessons and can start their preparations for the next NEET & JEE exams.
- AESL has launched a new smart app “Aakash App” providing a holistic understanding and application of essential concepts for students in grades 11 and 12 to hone their preparation for the JEE and NEET exams. The high-quality content helped candidates not only pass the JEE / NEET exams, but also helped them prepare for competitions such as KVPY and Olympics.
- We have also launched a full new âJEE Challenger Appâ to provide a holistic prep experience for JEE aspirants seeking practice using questions from previous years. Students can use its powerful analyzes and reports to refine their preparation and prepare for JEE Main and JEE Advanced with focused precision.
- The Aakash Institute has stepped up the vaccination campaign on its national network from May 2021 to protect its employees and their family members from COVID-19
- Aakash has also partnered with Practo, an application for video consultations with doctors, and with YourDost, an online platform for counseling and support for the emotional problems of its employees.
- Known for its innovation and use of cutting-edge technologies, AESL presented MIRA – a unique artificial intelligence-based solution for its employees for query resolution – via an innovative knowledge management tool