This tutorial covers How to Use a USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 11. We will do our best to make sure you understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to use a USB drive to install Windows 11. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check out how to use a USB drive to install Windows 11
Microsoft’s new operating system called Windows 11 has garnered a lot of attention due to its new user interface plan and new features. How to get Windows 11? So far Microsoft has not released the official edition as the new system is in the testing phase. You can join the Windows Insider program to get its overview. Besides, you can create a bootable Windows 11 USB drive and install the system on your PC. In the attached part, how about we focus on installing Windows 11 from USB?
How to create a portable installation of Windows 11
- Having a portable installation of Windows 11 installed on a USB stick is useful if we don’t want to destroy our installation of Windows 10. Portability is a bit limited because when we switch to another machine we will be prompted to reset its PIN code. . But all we need is a fast USB 3 drive and we can enjoy Windows 11 without touching our old installations.
- Download the latest version of Rufus and install it on your machine. At the time of writing this article, the latest version is 3.16, which includes extended support for Windows 11 images.
- Insert a blank 64GB or larger USB drive, then open Rufus. The faster the USB drive, the better, as it will become your primary drive.
- Select the USB device on which you want to install Windows 11.
- Make sure the boot selection displays “Disk or ISO Image” and click DOWNLOAD.
- Select Windows 11 and click Continue.
- Select the latest version and click Continue.
- Select the edition and click Continue.
- Select your preferred language and click Continue.
- Select the architecture and click Download. A new window will open asking you where to save the ISO image. Save it to your Downloads folder. You can also download the image using a browser if you want.
- Please wait for the download to complete.
- Click on the Image drop-down option and select Windows To Go. This will install Windows 11 directly to the USB drive.
- Make sure the correct drive is selected and click Start to begin the installation.
- The writing process may take some time, depending on the USB drive being used, when finished, remove the drive and insert it into the machine you want to boot from.
- Turn on the machine you want to use for Windows 11, press any key that triggers a USB boot.
- Select your Windows 11 startup drive and boot.
- Follow the standard Windows 11 post-install script to configure your computer.
Using the Windows 11 portable drive on all machines
- Whenever Windows 11 portable drive is inserted into a device, you will be asked to verify who you are.
- Insert the Windows 11 USB drive into a new device and boot.
- Click Set my PIN on the login screen to start the verification process.
- Enter the account details used when setting up Windows 11, in our case it was a Microsoft account.
- Click on Email
to send a verification email to your account.
- On another device, open your verification email and enter the code at the Windows 11 prompt.
- When prompted to reset your PIN, click Continue.
- Create a new PIN code and click OK to continue the connection process.
Final words: How to use a USB flash drive to install Windows 11
hope you will understand this item How to use a USB drive to install Windows 11, if your answer is no, you can request anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, then share this article with your family and friends.