This tutorial is about how to fix “voice typing not working” issue on Windows 11 PC. We will try our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Fix “Voice Typing Not Working” Issue on Windows 11 PC. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to fix “voice typing not working” issue on Windows 11 PC
If you love voice typing, Windows 11 is here for you. The feature isn’t new, but it seems to have improved in the latest version of Windows. But what if it no longer works? If you’re used to using voice typing to search or even type entire documents, switching to the keyboard can be difficult. Microsoft’s new Windows 11 has arrived. Many Windows enthusiasts are already testing the Windows 11 beta by joining Microsoft’s Insider Program.
Some cool new features were discovered during testing, and one of the coolest features I found was Windows 11 voice typing powered by modified Microsoft Speech Services. Although the feature is not completely new as it also has a similar feature called Windows 10 Dictation in Windows 10, the feature included in Windows 11 is much more advanced, transparent and accurate. In testing, I found the voice recognition to be near perfect and quite fast.
Windows 11 has a built-in voice typing tool powered by Microsoft Speech Services. Microsoft Speech Services is the marriage of speech to text, text to speech and voice translation. In Windows 10 it is used in the dictation feature. With Windows 11, it’s much more advanced and precise
Fix “voice typing not working” issue on Windows 11 PC
Check if the microphone is on
Windows 11 voice typing will not work if the microphone is not enabled. If you receive the discussed problem, you can check it in Windows settings by following the steps below.
- Open Settings by holding down the Windows and I keys, then click on Privacy and security in the left pane.
- Scroll down on the right side of the next window to find and click Microphone.
- Set the microphone access status to Enabled.
Check microphone connection
It is necessary to check the microphone connection if you use an external one. The voice typing not working issue in Windows 11 is most likely caused by a broken sign-in order. You can solve this problem by removing the connector or USB, whatever your microphone is used for, then cleaning it and reconnecting it.
After that, check if the voice typing not working issue is resolved. If not, connect the same microphone to another system and check if it is working properly. If so, the problem is with your computer and you should try other solutions to fix the problem.
Choose the right language for speech
If the words are not entered correctly, you need to check if you are choosing the correct language for voice dictation.
- Similarly, open Settings by pressing Windows and I keys. Then choose Time and language.
- In the next window, scroll down the contents in the right pane to find and click on Voice.
- Choose the option you want from the Choose the language you speak with your device drop-down menu and check the option Recognize non-native accents for this language.
- In the Microphone section, click Get Started.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the operation.
Run the troubleshooter
Windows built-in troubleshooter can also help you fix Windows 11 voice input not working issue. You can execute the operation with the given steps.
- Open Settings and click on System.
- Click Troubleshoot on the right side of the window.
- In the next window, click Other troubleshooters.
- Find the audio recording and click its Run button.
- Then the troubleshooter will run automatically. Simply follow the prompts to complete the operation.
Update Windows 11
Sometimes updating the operating system to the latest version fixes the Windows 11 voice typing not working issue. To upgrade Windows 11, you can follow these steps.
- Press the Windows and I keys to open Settings, then click the Windows Update tab in the left panel.
- Click Check for Updates to check for an update.
- If an update is listed after the scan, click the Download and Install button to continue.
- Follow the prompts to complete the operation.
Final Words: How to Fix “Voice Typing Not Working” on Windows 11 PC
Hope you understand this article How to Fix “Voice Typing Not Working” Issue on Windows 11 PC, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.