This tutorial is about anonymous dark web access with Tor. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to anonymously access the dark web with Tor. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to anonymously access the dark web with Tor
The Dark Web or Dark Net is a small part of the Deep Web that is intentionally hidden. A special tool is usually required to access websites and data on the Dark Web. The websites most commonly associated with the Dark Web are marketplaces where illegal goods such as narcotics, firearms, and stolen credit card numbers are bought and sold. In the darkest corners, hitmen are hired, people are trafficked, and child pornography is traded.
But beyond that, the dark web also contains anonymously accessible content and data. It can be a blog, a forum, a chat room or a private game server. The beauty of the dark web is its anonymity. No one knows who another person is in the real world as long as you take the necessary precautions. User identities are safe from the prying eyes of governments and corporations.
The Dark Web and Tor are often used by journalists and whistleblowers to share sensitive information, including Edward Snowden himself. Ashley Madison’s data dump, for example, was posted on a site accessible only to Tor users. The Dark Net or Dark Web is only a small part of the Deep Web. The Dark Web consists of intentionally hidden websites and services.
How to anonymously access the dark web with Tor
Download Tor Browser
Downloading Tor Browser is as simple as going to the Tor Project website and selecting the appropriate file to download. Select your operating system, language, and 32-bit or 64-bit version. If you are unsure, choose the 32-bit version.
Install Tor Browser
The Tor Browser installation process is fairly basic, but will vary slightly depending on your operating system. We have broken it down as follows. If you get stuck, you can also find additional instructions at the Tor Project website link above.
To install Tor on Windows, double-click the Tor Browser installer executable file. When prompted, enter the desired language and click “OK”, then click “Install”.
- Installing Tor on a Linux distribution can be done through the terminal. First, go to the directory where you downloaded the file by typing:
- Then unzip the .tar.xz file by typing:
- tar -xvJf tor-browser-linux32-7.0.4_en-US.tar.xz
- In this command, the 32 will be replaced by 64 if you are using the 64-bit version, the 7.0.4 refers to the version and en-US refers to the English version.
- Then, go to the directory you just created:
- And then you can run Tor Browser by typing the following (don’t do it as root):
macOS (MacOS X)
- After downloading the file, click on it to open the .dmg file. Drag the Tor Browser app into your Applications folder and open it.
- After Tor builds a relay, a browser window opens. You are now connected to Tor, but be sure to refresh your browser if necessary.
- The home page will let you know if you need to update it before using Tor Browser.
Moving around the Tor network
- Accessing sites on the Tor network is not always easy. To access regular Internet sites, simply type a URL such as wikipedia.com in the address bar. Sites hosted on the Tor network have an .onion domain, preceded by arbitrary characters. For example, zqktlwi4fecvo6ri.onion is the current location of the Hidden Wiki.
- The hidden wiki is a good place to start when first getting familiar with what Tor has to offer. It breaks down some of the most popular destinations on the web into categories and also has some great articles, like how to verify PGP signatures.
- To find sites on the Tor network, Google won’t be much help. There are several search engines on the dark web, the most popular being Torch, but these won’t get you where you want to go. Note that most of the Tor network is not indexed, so you will need to know the exact URL of the website you want to connect to in order to access it. Reddit or other communities can sometimes be helpful for this purpose.
Stay anonymous on Tor
Now that you know the basics of browsing the Tor network, it’s time to move on to more important tasks: staying anonymous. Tor alone is not enough to hide your identity.
Protect your identity
To protect your privacy and remain anonymous when interacting on the dark web, you must assume a new identity. Never associate this new identity with details about your true self. It goes beyond just making sure you never reuse old usernames – your anonymous identity should sound like someone completely different from your real self. Leave behind all your real-world preferences, features, and information if you wish to remain anonymous.
- For these reasons, you’ll want to disable scripting in the Tor Browser to prevent websites from obtaining identity-compromising information. To do this, select the “S” icon in the upper left corner of the Tor browser window.
Final Words: How to Anonymously Access the Dark Web with Tor
Hope you understand this article How to anonymously access the dark web with Tor, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.